DHEA Benefits For Heart Disease

There may be a strong connection between heart disease and your DHEA levels. There are many types of steroid hormones produced in the body and just like every other steroid hormones, DHEA is also produced in the body as a synthesized process from pregnenolone which is produced from cholesterol in our body.

On the other hand, DHEA is primarily produced or made in the adrenal gland which is about 80% of the overall DHEA production and the remaining 20% is produced in the brain.

One of the key functions of DHEA (Dehydroepiandrosteron) in the human body is that it a precursor or transforms to other steroid hormones such as testosterone, estrogen and androstenedione. This makes it one of the most important steroid hormoes on the body, and the reason why DHEA is often referred to as the “mother-hormone”.

Relation between DHEA & Heart
According to medical science, almost every other hormone have their own roles to play for cardiovascular functions of heart in human body, but DHEA has the most important role assigned for the cardiovascular biological functions which is responsible for the regulation of blood sugar levels.

According to a recent Japanese study, modest DHEA supplement consumption every day can significantly affect and improve cardiovascular functions by reducing the blood sugar level, and the study also indicated that DHEA may help diabetes patients tremendously for balancing their insulin level.

DHEA and Insulin Sensitivity
There are conflicting reports in the medical literature on the subject of DHEA and insulin sensitivity. A DHEA dose of 50 mg/day was effective in some previous studies but not in others. Even the huge dose of 1600 mg/day (64 times higher than in the study reported above) used in some earlier studies showed no effect on insulin sensitivity.

There are many possible reasons for these variations, among which are differences in the average age and health status of the test subjects in the study. Some studies used much younger subjects, whose DHEA levels may not have been low enough to begin with to have responded positively to DHEA supplementation during the study.

Furthermore, the subjects in the current study were all mildly hypercholesterolemic, and it may turn out that blood glucose levels respond particularly favorably to DHEA in this population. The authors acknowledge that research is needed on other groups of subjects, such as men with normal cholesterol levels, to shed more light on the matter.

Regardless, the fact that 25 mg/day of DHEA seems to improve insulin sensitivity in middle-aged men with elevated cholesterol levels is exciting and gratifying. This indicates that DHEA supplements may be relevant and also calls for increased focus on how we can maintain or stimulate our hormonal balance through herbal or alternative treatment and stimulation.

DHEA levels and age
Hundreds of past research analysis based on DHEA’s benefits for heart related diseases revealed that when the level of DHEA in human body goes down the chances of heart related diseases such as coronary artery diseases also increases by 60% which is extremely severe for both and men who are suffering with type 2 diabetes.

So as we mentioned above that the decreasing level of DHEA in body with age is a major concern for increasing heart related diseases and in that scenario, DHEA supplements which are produced with naturally grown wild yam extracts can be extremely valuable, because daily consumption of balanced DHEA supplements doses helps us to regenerate and produce DHEA hormone and other related steroid hormones in our body, which further helps our heart’s health.

DHEA in the adrenal glands
Like all the other steroid hormones, DHEA is synthesized in the body from pregnenolone, which is synthesized from cholesterol. DHEA is made primarily in the adrenal glands (which also produce about 150 other hormones) and released into the blood. In different organs it is converted into a variety of more commonly known steroid hormones, including androstenedione, testosterone, and estrogen.

Although there are still more scientific research and experiments required to conclude any significant benefits of DHEA for heart related diseases, biological research agencies are already optimistic. In the near future, DHEA supplementation may be recommended for the treatment of many heart related diseases. Also worth looking into is how one can stimulate the body’s natural production of DHEA, and how adaptogen herbal tonics may stimulate the adrenal glands.

About the author  ⁄ admin

No Comments

Leave a Comment